The Caribbean Stud is a variation of poker in itself. This grand dragon lotto game comes straight from the Caribbean, where it is traditionally played on the yachts of the Jet Set even if it has mainly found refuge in American land casinos. Caribbean Stud also attracts the Internet, where bettors will surely find it on the websites of leading industry operators. It must be said that this variant of poker is accessible to all because it is a game that is easy to master. Besides, don’t bother being a great tactician to try your luck at Caribbean Stud!
In Caribbean Stud, several players are gathered around a table managed by a croupier. The latter uses a deck of fifty-two cards and distributes them progressively to all the players. In Caribbean Stud, players do not compete against each other. They each challenge the dealer in turn.
- The player places a first bet called Ante.
- The dealer deals the first five cards to the player. Four of them are placed on the table with the face closed. The fifth card is visible. The dealer also deals five cards, including four faces down and one open face.
- The player’s goal is to predict if his hand will be greater than that of the dealer.
- The player has the option of doubling his bet, calling, or giving up as the game continues.
- If the player’s hand is greater than that of the dealer, the latter wins the round. If the dealer is the strongest, the player loses all of his stakes. If there is a tie, the player’s previous Ante is refunded.
Dealer’s eliminating hand.
When the dealer draws an Ace-King or any other superior combination, it is considered that one cannot validate his hand. The money on the table is then automatically returned to the player. In general, at Caribbean Stud, the money involved is never returned to either party if one of them has drawn a playoff hand.
Online casinos usually take a commission on the player’s winnings. This is called the house advantage. The latter can vary between 2% and 5%, depending on the casino. The player will have to adapt his strategy according to the advantage of the house. A high commission from the casino will compel the bettor to place less risky bets than usual.